What do artists Chip Jasmin, Kaaren Pixton, and Jean Chapin all have in common? They have all provided artistic opportunities for our children that would not be possible without funds raised through our annual Run for the Arts (R4TA) event.
Partnering with Young Audiences since 2010, Run 4 the Arts is Southwest Charter’s single biggest opportunity to fund art education in our school. Our 2013 Run 4 the Arts run is scheduled for Wednesday, October 2nd.
Each fall we encourage our students to seek for pledges from friends, family and neighbors and then show up with their running shoes to raise money for their art education. Last year our R4TA fundraiser brought in over $18,000!
Are you excited about bringing wonderful artists in residence to SW Charter and providing our children with an experience they won’t forget?
We are looking for two people to help coordinate this year’s Run for the Arts campaign. Coordinators will not be working alone! You’ll have a great resource in Laura Bracke who has successfully coordinated this event in the past as well as many eager parent volunteers.
Key duties to be shared and/or overseen by the two Run 4 the Arts coordinators include:
- Setting the fundraising goal, prize and schedule with Anne Gurnee
- Organizing kickoff and awards assemblies
- Promoting the event to staff and students
- Recruiting volunteers to help during fundraising and day of event
- Ordering prizes from Young Audiences and seeking donations of additional prizes
- Distributing sponsor sheets, calculating laps, and computing points
- Organizing day of event logistics
- Tracking funds raised each day and posting class standings
- Accounting to SWCS and Young Audiences
- Coordinating winning classroom lunch