SW Charter has has three wonderful community service projects going on right now.
Today we’re featuring Janus Youth Programs:
It’s the time of year, once again, that 6th grader, Hattie Kirby, organizes her charitable drive for Janus Youth Services. Hattie is collecting new and gently used goods and money for runaway and homeless youth. If you’d like to donate to her drive there’s a collection box at school in the hallway between Matt and Paul’s classrooms (please put cash donations in an envelope labeled ‘Hattie Kirby/Janus’ & place it in the lock box at Kathy’s desk).
Thank you for helping Hattie help other kids her age.
Below are Janus Youth Service‘s most needed items. They can be new or gently used.
Wish List / Current Needs:
- Bath towels, hand towels, wash clothes
- Bed linens (twin size)
- Blankets (any size)
- White crew socks, underwear, gloves, hats (all sizes)
- Board Games, G-rated movies, books, Wii games, basketball, baseball equipment
- Hygiene products (toothbrushes, floss, soap, deodorant, shampoo, etc.)
- Art supplies (paper, markers, crayons, paints, brushes, scissors, beads, yarn, clay, etc.)
- Kitchen supplies (coffee mugs, plates, silverware)
- Bus passes
- Gift cards (department/clothing stores, coffee shop, movie passes, bookstore, restaurants, grocery stores etc.)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bags, tents, camp stoves, tarps)
- Lawn mowers, landscape supplies (shovels, rakes, plants, shrubs, soil, etc.)
- Diapers (newborn – size 5)
- Gently used baby and children’s clothing through size 5
- Infant formula
- Cribs (purchased after December 2011)