Join SW Charter families after school for an impromptu Willamette River Clean-Up this Thursday, October 16th.
With the water levels low, now is the time for picking up garbage along the river. But rain is on the way, so it will not last long.
Here’s the details:
- Meet at the beginning of the path by the trolley shed after school on Thursday
- Hanne Rousing will bring bags to collect trash and arrange for its disposal
- Participants should bring gloves, water and snacks
- Also, consider bringing rubber boots – lots of mud where the water has receded
- Parents are responsible for supervising their own kids
- We’ll focus on the area from Cottonwood Bay (north) to Pendleton St. (south)
- Bikers can start at the south end, walkers can start north end