We need YOU, our parent volunteers, to make our annual auction, SWCS’s largest fundraiser, a success!
Contact email@example.com to fill one of our most urgent needs outlined below:
- Procurement Team Members – We only raise $ if we have items to sell
- time commitment – beginning now, as much time weekly as you can spare, until we have the coolest items for the coolest auction in town
- can be done from home
- 90% of communication/donation requests are via email or online forms
- procurement packets/donation forms are ready now for you to use
- work with the procurement chairs to choose one of our most successful item categories (restaurants, hotels, etc) and start sending out procurement emails or letters. Many businesses have a form to fill out online — then simply hit ‘send.’
- Item Input Team Member: Be the first to see what’s come in!
- time commitment – one day per week/now thru February
- work with Item Input Coordinator (Christina Cartwright) to choose one day per week to pick up item donation bin from school, input item descriptions in auction software, deliver completed items back to school for storage purposes.
- all item input work done from home
- Donation Pick Up Team Member:
- time commitment – as needed during procurement season
- join our auction Facebook group and watch for posts regarding donations that need to be picked up at local businesses, communicate your availability, pick up the item and drop it off in the donation bin in the front entryway at school. Easy breezy.
- Classroom Art Projects – parent project leader (needed for all classes except Mike & Susan)+
- time commitment – dependent upon scope of project chosen/most of the work done in the classroom.
- determine a creative class art project to be sold in either the silent or live auction on auction night; garner ideas on Pinterest or ask to see our Idea Book
- work with teachers to schedule classroom time to execute project from start to finish (may need to be done over a number of different days)
- communicate with classroom parents via Shutterfly to collect monetary donations for the cost of project supplies; usually $5 per family
- communicate with Classroom Art Project Coordinator (Mandy O’Donnell) who oversees the parent project leaders and offers help (supplies, ideas, volunteers) and projected completion dates
Thanks for all your help to make this a great night!