Hattie Kirby (7th grader) has begun her 3rd annual donation drive for Harry’s Mother Runaway Youth Services (a Janus Youth Program).
Harry’s Mother is the only comprehensive youth crisis center in the Portland metropolitan area providing 24-hour crisis intervention, emergency shelter and individual and family counseling to youth ages 9 to 17 and their families.
Donations will be collected through the end of February, in the donation box located near Chris’ 7th grade classroom. Donations of cash or bus tickets should be put in a sealed envelope marked ‘Harry’s Mother donations’ and be placed in the locked drop box at Kathy’s desk.
Harry’s Mother wish list is as follows (for more information visit: http://www.janusyouth.org/
Our homeless youth programs are currently in great need of the following!
- sleeping bags
- adult size dark color hats, scarves and gloves
- Bath towels, hand towels, wash clothes
- Bed linens (twin size)
- Blankets (twin size)
- White crew socks, underwear, gloves, hats (all sizes)
- Board Games, G-rated movies, books, Wii games, basketball, baseball equipment
- Hygiene products (toothbrushes, floss, soap, deodorant, shampoo, etc.)
- Art supplies (paper, markers, crayons, paints, brushes, scissors, beads, yarn, clay, etc.)
- Kitchen supplies (coffee mugs, plates, silverware)
- Bus passes
- Gift cards (department/clothing stores, coffee shop, movie passes, bookstore, restaurants, grocery stores etc.)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bags, 1 – 2 person tents, camp stoves, tarps)
- Unopened dog and/or cat food
- Landscape supplies (shovels, rakes, plants, shrubs, soil, etc.)
- Diapers (newborn – size 5)
- Gently used baby and children’s clothing through size 5
- Infant formula
- Cribs (purchased after December 2011)