Save the date and contribute to SW Charter’s
Vintage Hollywood Ball
Saturday, February 20th, at the Multnomah Club
Experience the beauty of Portland at the Southwest Charter School’s (SWCS) 7th Annual Dinner and Auction. Showcasing a wide range of items from the quirky to the fabulous, past donations have included Hawaiian vacations, downtown dinners, bike pedal tours, and festive wine tastings. With over 200 guests in attendance, this event is SWCS’s largest annual fundraiser. Come join us for an evening of live music, elegant dining and bargains!
Help Us Fill Our Auction Tables & Ask Your Favorite Businesses to Donate!
Donation Deadline: January 29th
Every SWCS family is asked to procure one donated item for the auction. Whether it’s a $10 gift certificate from your favorite take-out restaurant, a weekend at your parents’ timeshare, or hosting a sign up party, every donation benefits our kids and our auction is only as successful as the donations we receive. Copies of the donation request letter form are placed throughout the SWCS hallways for you. All donations should be placed in the donation bin (with a completed donation form attached) next to Kathy’s desk.
Or new this year, click here and make an online cash donation in lieu of an item. The funds collected will be used on items that will help us complete our live auction packages!
What does the auction need?
- Restaurant Gift Certificates! Always our best sellers (especially coveted and harder to get are those over $50). Anything over $50 stands a chance of being included in one of the live auction items we’re working on.
- Tickets to the Blazer, Timbers, Thorns, Ducks, Beavers, Seahawks, Mariners, etc. Seating in groups of 2 and/or 4 will sell like hotcakes!
- Physical items! Themed gift baskets; handcrafted jewelry and home décor; spirits from local distillery; signed sports gear; books from local authors (Cheryl Strayed!) etc. Let’s fill those silent auction tables with rad stuff!
- Vacation homes, condos, timeshares (the coast, Mt. Hood, Sunriver, Hawaii, Mexico). We’re not picky! If you have it, we’re happy to use it!
- Air miles, companion tickets, travel agent discounts or certificates. If you’re not gonna use ‘em, we sure will!
- Anyone out there have a super cool job that’ll blow a kid’s mind? Would you be willing to host a child (or adult) for a few hours to tour your rad workspace or shadow you? (think fireman, zookeeper, pilot, police officer, farmer, race car driver, chef, actor, musician, etc.)
- Be CREATIVE…remember that the most unique offerings sell the best because it’s something you cannot get any just any old place!
SWCS Donation Forms
Look for donation forms in the plastic envelopes in the front hallway and on the bulletin board outside your child’s classroom at school.
Carry donation forms in your car and ask the businesses that your family frequents on a regular basis if they’d donate goods, services or gift cards in support of our school and our kids.
- January 15th: Auction Tickets go on sale online
- January 28th: Wall of Wine donation collection begins on Thursdays
- January 29th: Auction Donation Deadline (one item or cash donation per family)
- February 5th: Deadline to turn in Sign Up Party Forms
- February 17th: Classroom Art Projects Preview in the Great Room
- February 20th: Auction Night at the Multnomah Athletic Club
Announcing this year’s Presenting Sponsor!
“Vintage Hollywood” Sponsorships Still Available Until February 1st
What local community-minded businesses do you know that might might want to join Southwest Charter School family-owned Verde Cocina restaurants, Mobile West, Next Adventure, Whitney Equipment and Path Construction, as well as Andersen Construction, Hillside Imports, Trailhead Credit Union, and Arborbrook Wines in sponsoring the auction? Event sponsorships help us to minimize event expensives and maximize our fundraising.
Sponsorship levels range from $500 to $5,000. Each level includes complimentary VIP dinner tickets and drink all night, VIP perks, and is a smart and inexpensive way for participating businesses to achieve recognition and and promotion within the SWCS community and beyond. All of our sponsors’ logos and website links are up on Southwest Charter School’s main website (seen by thousands of viewers), as well as both the auction-specific Vintage Hollywood and Spring Online Auction websites. Each sponsor’s logo is placed on all printed event materials. Each sponsor receives advertisement space in our gorgeous color keepsake Live Auction Catalog. Our sponsorship program is among the top choices for community related promotion and recognition in Portland.
For more information on sponsorships and advertising opportunities in the Live Auction Catalog handed out on auction night, contact Sarah Mutal at email@example.com