Thank you to all who volunteered to be a Room Parent for their child’s class. This is such an important volunteer job and we are so happy to have all positions filled so quickly!
The 2016/2017 Room Parents are:
|Angie||Nicole Rose & Coral Thomas|
Room Parent Coordinator: Nicole Rosen
What is a Room Parent?
The Room Parent acts as a liaison between the Friends of SW Charter and the parents in your classroom. The Room Parent also works with the teacher on things he or she may need in the classroom.
Here are some of the things Room Parents do:
- Get parents signed up for the classroom’s Shutterfly site
- Answer parent questions
- Organizing collective birthday gifts for the teacher, for the winter holidays and an end of the year thank you.
- Help get chaperones and drivers signed up for field work.
- Find a volunteer to be the art auction project coordinator.
- Let the classroom know, at least one week in advance, when it’s your turn to fill the snack basket. The snack basket schedule is posted on https://friendsofswcharter.com/staff-snack-box-refill-schedule/.
- Assist with finding parent volunteers for cleaning rotations, returning library books, filling homework folders, filing or copying worksheets.
- Look for opportunities to get your classroom together outside of school. Organize park play dates, plan to go to a Valley Cinema showing together or out to Chapman School to watch the swifts.