Annual Report 2016-2017
Friends of SW Charter School, your parent-teacher organization, would like to thank everyone who has volunteered their time in any way this school year! Your participation, from driving on field trips to coordinating major fundraising events, helps to support our staff, enhance the curriculum for our children, and foster the wonderful SWCS community!
Here’s a sampling of some of what we accomplished this year:
- SWCS Arts Parkrun (October 10)
- Annual Community Fundraiser (March 19)
- Spring Online Auction (April 21-30)
DINE OUT DAYS
Many thanks to parent Lisa Hayes for scheduling and coordinating all of our restaurant fundraisers!
- Old Spaghetti Factory 9/28
- Mike’s Drive-in 10/19
- Pizzicato Dough for Dollars 11/15
- Bambuza 1/18
- Veggie Grill 2/9
- Burgerville 3/14
- Pietro’s 5/15
- Chinook Books $1400
- Emergency Comfort Kits $570
- SWCS T-Shirts $290
- Spring Plant Sale
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards
- Amazon Smile
- Freeman Motors
- Back to School Dance 9/16
- Monthly Community Coffees
- Black Friday Roller Skating 11/25
- Spring Dance 5/19
- Camp Wilkerson June 2-4
- Field Day 6/9
- Conference Potlucks
- Teacher Mini Grants ~ $500 grants to Lisa Colombo and Melissa Allen/Nate Orton
- Staff Holiday Party February 10
- Staff Appreciation Week May 8-12
- Gifts for Teachers & Staff
- Friends approved a $500 gift to the Playground Committee (Summer 2016) for picnic tables, potted plants, and other decorations.
- Purchased thank you plaques for Andersen Construction for providing 30 skilled volunteers to help with our play area update in summer 2016.
- Friends purchased t-shirts for our 2 battle of the books teams February 2017
- Friends approved $200 for the purchase of earthquake straps for water barrels.
MANY THANKS TO…
All the parents who volunteered as Field Work Drivers, Room Parents, or who signed up for anything via SignUpGenius! Without you, SW Charter couldn’t achieve our place-based mission or provide support to our teachers and staff!
Thank you to the following who have worked on this year’s Friends Board and/or who have coordinated committees, fundraisers and events. Also, thank you to those who have provided their talents or items to make some of our events extra special — Melissa Allen, Chris & Kat Beckley, Christine Bravo, Christina & Jim Cartwright, Elise Christman, Caroline Falcone, Anna & Noe Garnica, Sarah Gilmore, Corrie Godbey, Lisa Hayes, Fara Heath, Toshya Kauffman, JoLea Malcolmson, Ginny & Trevin Miller, Sarah Mutal, Nicole Rosen, Brittany Roska, Hanne Rousing, Emilie Schulhoff, Rachael Stedman, Nicki Stewart, Coral Thomas, and Liz Ward.
Have a great summer and we’ll see you in September!